March 13, 2011

18 months

Naomi is getting close to being 19 months, but I haven't posted an official update on her for a few months. I don't know if I can record how much she has changed recently, but I will try.

Height:34 1/4 inches
Weight: 27 lbs 9.5 oz

Clothes: She wears 24 months or 2 T (some 2T shirts are actually
getting small!) and size 6 shoe.


(I just can't seem to get Molly to look at the camera!)

Eats: Naomi is a really good eater. She loves fruits and most vegetables (peas and carrots being her favorite). She doesn't like meat very much, but she LOVES beans. She will just pick them up and eat them by the handful!

Sleeps: She takes one nap that averages about 2 hours and she usually sleeps about 11 hours at night. She's an active sleeper (gets that from her momma) and cries out in the night sometimes, but most of the time she is really asleep if we go in her room. I think she's probably dreaming.


Words: She is learning new words everyday. Some of her words are: cheese, shoes, bow, bowl, no, "um, let's see", hot, hat, molly, dog, mama, dada, Popa (for Poppy, my dad), bye-bye. She signs for the word please and says, "ease". She says, "brr" for cold, says "maa" when giving a kiss", and says "A" when she wants to play with magnetic letters. Sometimes she can even pick out the letter A. She makes a crying sound when she wants her baby. She shakes her head yes, but won't say the word yet. She makes a clicking noise when she wants a drink (don't know where that came from!) She will repeat a lot of words when prompted as well.

Favorite things to do: She loves playing with Molly. She likes to chase her around with her shopping cart. She likes to help unload the dishwasher. She loves pretending and playing with her doll, "shay". She likes to "put on" makeup when I'm getting ready in the bathroom. She likes to get books and sit behind the rocking chair in the corner of her room. Her favorite books are her Bible and nursery rhyme books. We have a small hallway where you can shut the door and no light comes in. She loves shutting the doors and playing inside that space with a flashlight. She likes to put on hats and I think she is going to like dress up from the looks of this picture!

Everyday is an adventure around here that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment