
Then I became pregnant and I stopped drinking coffee as a precaution for Naomi's health. It wasn't too hard to give up because it just started tasting bad to me as soon as I became pregnant.

Since I've stopped nursing Naomi 3 1/2 months ago I have tried to get back into drinking coffee on several occasions, but it just never tasted the same to me. (This should have been a sign that I was not a real "coffee drinker" like I previously thought). I thought maybe it was because it wasn't Ugandan coffee.
My aunt and her family recently went to Uganda and brought back some of the beloved coffee for Spencer and I (ok really Spencer, but I just knew this was it...I was going to start drinking coffee again). So this morning Spencer made me some in our french press (and not too strong, like he usually does). I added my sugar and a little milk and took a drink. It was a lot better than other coffee we usually have, but I just couldn't drink more than half a cup. Apparently my taste buds have changed...I can't drink plain coffee anymore! I guess I'm just a "coffee fake", you know,the people who only drink coffee "drinks" from Starbucks and such. Pregnancy and childbirth have changed me in many ways, but I'm not quite ready to let go of drinking coffee, or at least the idea of it. Maybe, it's just the warm weather...I'll try again this fall and I'm sure I'll get back into it. I will beat this!
I love your determination to beat this! It is a good thing to keep trying- I drink it each morning! It's a nice way to start the day- a cup of coffee and the Lord. :)
ReplyDelete