July 15, 2010

New Find!


Spencer and I are connoisseurs of a variety of ethnic foods. Of course our favorite being Indian food (as you all know), but a close second (at least for me) would have to be Mediterranean food. Now Mediterranean food can include anything from Egpytian to Persian so it does vary some, but we have enjoyed most that we have tried. One thing we miss about living in a bigger town is going to ethnic restaurants. While I enjoy trying new recipes, ethnic food takes a lot of spices and sometimes time to prepare so I don't do it as much as I'd like.

However, we were excited when we came across nearby Manna Mediterranean Grill . Owned by local lady who married a man from Syria this restaurant was a pleasant surprise. The food wasn't quite up to some of our Louisville Mediterranean standards (a.k.a Shiraz), but we really enjoyed it. And not to mention the price wasn't too bad. I got a Vegetarian Falafel sandwhich (falafel with some salad and taziki sauce in a pita), fries (kind of strange, but I guess it appeals to the Americans), and a drink for just $5.25. I had never had vegetable Falafel (Falafel is usually made from chickpeas), but it was good. We even let Naomi have a couple bites of Spencer's chicken and she liked it too. They do have some platters which are more like $10, but overall very reasonable for Mediterranean food. So if there are any people in the area who read my blog (which I don't think there really are) then you should definitely try it out. We are on the hunt for more ethnic restaurants, so stay tunned....

No comments:

Post a Comment