July 22, 2009

Ultrasound Update...

It looks like everything is ok with our little baby, Praise the Lord! The ultrasound looked good and right now they estimate Naomi's (well we think it's still Naomi....they weren't able to see the sex because she's so curled up in there) weight to be 6.5lbs. That's right in the 50% percentile. Of course ultrasound can be off by a pound either way, but still everything looks to be normal which we are so thankful for.

I did have a significant increase in weight in only 5 days which is a bit concerning (to me of course). But the doctor wasn't concerned. My blood pressure is still good, no protein in my urine, and I'm not showing any visible signs of swelling so I guess we'll just keep an eye on things. Of course I worry about preeclampsia (high blood pressure)which would be surprising to me after all the problems I've had with low blood pressure, but it's still a risk. I wonder if the scales were wrong last week because there is no way I could have gained the amount of weight it said unless I ate like 5,000 EXTRA calories a day....so we know it must be fluid weight gain. It's just so strange. Being a nurse makes being pregnant extra hard I think! But not knowing makes me have to pray and trust God all the more. Thanks for your prayers and keep them coming :)

1 comment: