July 31, 2009

Almost 38 week check up...

I had my doctor appointment today (tomorrow I will be 38 weeks). Everything is still going ok and she says I've dialted 1 cm and the head is engaged in the pelvis, which really doesn't mean much, but at least my body is starting to prepare for the big day I guess. I honestly just try not to think about the actual birth experience. I've seen several births including ones in Africa so I know what's coming and my mind can't really fathom that my body is going to go through that experience. But we are getting more excited every day and can't wait to have our little girl here with us.

My doctor is already talking about induction dates in case I go overdue, but I'm really praying we don't have to go that route. The bad thing is the weekend after she's due is when my family takes my brother to move in to college which of course would be the time the doctor wants to induce. I never wanted to be a person that scheduled an induction around family, but I couldn't stand for them not to be there, plus if I'm going to induce what's a day or two earlier anyways? Oh well, hopefully Naomi will come on her own....afterall a lot can happen in 2 weeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment