August 5, 2009

Naomi's Nursery


Well, I think it's Naomi's nursery is pretty much ready for our little girl. We were blessed to be able to borrow the crib, changing table, and dresser from some friends at church which was a big help.

Other pieces are kind of a 'hodge podge' from my college days or growing up (like the white shelf above her changing table). My mom and I also went to yard sales which was fun and we were able to find a lot of great deals. A friend helped us buy this great glider as a gift for Naomi which we will get tons of use out of I know. One of my favorite parts of the nursery is the verse (Proverbs 3:5) on the wall. Since we are in an apartment I didn't want to paint, but found out about these great vinyl wall stencil stickers on the internet. I ordered them from a seller on etsy and it turned out pretty well. The pink is a little brighter than I wanted, but overall I was pleased.


Here's a closer picture of the verse. Still kind of hard to read due to the lighting. It's really funny because I am not a big pink person and I didn't intially want Naomi's room to end up to be all pink, but that kind of ended up being the main color anyways. It's just easier to find pink in baskets and stuff than purple. But I think her bedding helps 'tone it down' with all the different pastel colors.


My mom made these cute curtains to match Naomi's bedding and it really helped to tie the room together I think. We are just thankful how God has so graciously provided for us.

Above the dresser I framed the lullaby Spencer wrote for our future children before we even knew we were having a baby. It goes to the tune of Brahm's Lullaby. It's kind of hard to see here, but he's already been singing it to Naomi :)

And here's a picture of us (I'm 38 weeks). I thought we better take a picture together cause you never know now when the big day might come.


We've had fun pretending this little carebear doll (that Spencer's friend from college brought over to Africa for him because Spencer as well as other friends sometimes call me Karebear) is Naomi. Spencer will take her and put her in different places (like her swing, crib, carseat, etc). But hopefully soon we won't have to pretend with the carebear anymore...we'll have Naomi here with us!

2 comments:

  1. so cute!!!!!!!!!! i love the lullaby! that is really precious...miss you guys. wish we could be there to greet naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nursery! You have done a great job! Our little ones will be here before we know it!!

    ReplyDelete