February 2, 2009

Winter Storm '09

This past week Kentucky got hit with a pretty bad ice/snow storm. Tuesday we got about an inch of ice then that night we got several inches of snow. Kentucky was declared a state of emergency.
The worst part was the ice which caused trees to uproot and break in half. Even worse trees were falling on electric/phone lines snapping cables and causing power outages. It looked like a tornado had ripped through as well as the winter storm. At night you could hear the trees breaking and falling as the ice got too heavy on the trees.

Our bikes on our little porch at our apartment.


Here I am trying to stay warm at my parents house when the power was out. My parents lost electricity from Tuesday-Saturday. Thankfully Spencer and I only lost electricity during the day (Wednesday and Friday), but it was on at night. Some of my extended family still doesn't have electricity and they are saying it could be mid February before all of power is restored. Be praying for all those who are working on and waiting for their electricity to come back. We are grateful for God's provision in protecting us especially as I had to travel to work despite the bad weather. God is good.

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!! I'm SO exicited to see you blogging again... That's a great picture of baby Essenpreis!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see the baby in August!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First congrats on the baby, and Great Aunt Ginny is staying with Grandma Dot, she came over saturday for dinner, which was really fun I hadn't seen her in a really long time and Evelyn refused to leave so her daughter and son-in-law are staying there with her til the power is back on- they have a generator.....the story behind it is pretty funny, in true Evelyn style!

    ReplyDelete