This past weekend we journeyed to Mississippi to meet our 1 month old little nephew. He was quite a sweetie!
Naomi enjoyed meeting her cousin, but was a little jealous especially if Mommy held Jon August
Unfortunately due to a little cold we couldn't let Naomi "hold" JA, but she sure wanted to!

Despite borrowing a van for me to lie down (I basically can't sit at all now due to my pain) the trip was really hard for me, but I was so thankful to get to go. Holding a baby and being with family is always good for my spirits. He sure was a good little baby.

Naomi loved playing with Uncle Derek and his soccer ball. We've decided she thinks an uncle is someone who you wrestle and play rough with as she definitely does this with Uncle Kaleb.
.
Naomi has a thing now when she says "cheese" she turns her head to the side like in this picture.
Our attempt at a family picture.
We stopped in Jackson, TN on our way back and saw Uncle Kaleb for a minute and some of the new additions to my alma mater. I hadn't been there in 2 years so it was fun to see my old stomping ground as I have such great memories of my time there. Naomi is just not into taking pictures right now and was cranky from not sleeping well and traveling.
We spent the night with my friend from nursing school Nekayeh. Her daughter Norah Kate is about 5 1/2 months older than Naomi. They were so cute together and had on matching outfits. Despite a few squabbles over sharing I think they would be good friends if we lived closer. I didn't get a picture with Nekayeh, but it was fun catching up with her and David!
We loved having y'all here!!!
ReplyDelete