August 28, 2010

12 month stats

We took Naomi to the doctor yesterday for her 1 year check up. It felt so funny to be sitting in the exact same room we were in this time last year when we brought Naomi for her first check up just a couple of days out of the hospital. Naomi's birthday has been a little harder on me than I had expected. It's exciting to see her grow and learn so much, but it's sad that we don't have a baby anymore and I feel like her baby days went by really fast. I guess that's partly because she has always been pretty advanced doing things "early". I think I was more emotional about her turning one than when I had her! Now I know how mom's feel when they say their "baby" is going off to college :) Anyways, on to the stats...

Height: 31 1/4 inches (95%)
Weight: 23 lbs (80%)
Head Circumference: has continued to stay at 50%

She is so active these days it's not too surprising she's starting to "slim" up a bit.



Foods: Naomi is drinking whole milk now. Well we still have the bedtime bottle to give up, but that shouldn't be too hard she's gone without it some recently when she was sick. She does fine drinking out of a cup (without the stopper in it to make it a sipper cup), but sometimes she drinks a lot and other times I can only get her to drink a couple ounces. She eats table food now and doesn't want to be fed anymore. I am trying to let her learn how to feed herself a little in the mornings with her cereal. Some of her favorite veggies are carrots, peas, green beans. She loves almost any fruit except for grapes. And she LOVES bread type foods, cheese, and yogurt.

Teeth: Naomi has 7 teeth now. Four on top and three on the bottom and she is starting to cut her molars. The tip of one on the top left is coming through.

Sleeping: She still sleeps 11-12 hours at night and takes 2 naps during the day most days. Lately she's been sleeping 7:30pm-7am or so.

Talking: Naomi "talks" all the time. She says "bye-bye"(and waves), "outside" (ow ide), and "doh" (dog) all the time. She can say "ma-ma" and "da-da", but she rarely uses them in reference to us. She also sometimes will say "duh" (for duck). I've tried to teach her some sign language, but she prefers to make up her own. She points at things and pulls her fingers toward her when she wants more of something.

Skills: she walks everywhere and never crawls anymore. She loves to dance. When she hears a song on the radio I look back and she'll be moving all around in her car seat. She seems to pretend a lot. She will play by herself and "talk". She has started giving us "bites" of her food too and even gives us pretend drinks from her tea cups sometimes. She loves to "help" me sweep and clean around the kitchen. Naomi still loves people so much and especially other kids. She is pretty obsessed with dogs right now too. She will say "doh" sometimes even when there isn't one around. I guess that's her way of saying, "I want to see a dog" :) Naomi makes the funniest faces these days. She is learning how to show her feelings I guess. She's not afraid to show us she's not happy about something and I think we are beginning to see some little tantrums. Oh fun!

We sure love our little one year old!


Here's mommy's little helper

No comments:

Post a Comment