July 23, 2010

11 months

Trying to get a picture of Naomi looking at me is almost impossible these days! She is always on the go and doesn't want to be still for pictures. What all is Naomi up to at 11 months old?

*She has started to prefer walking to crawling now. She is getting faster too and does really well walking.

*She is communicating a lot more now. She points at things, especially pictures and says "dis" all the time. It kind of sounds like she is saying "this". Recently she has started saying what I think is "outside." It kind of sounds like her "bye-bye" though so it's hard to tell. But she loves to go outside.

*Naomi is such a social baby. She rarely meets a stranger and will go to anybody (even people she doesn't really know at church). We were at Big Lots the other day and she was squealing and "talking" to people so much one lady said, "I think I've seen her before at Walmart and she always gets excited when she sees people". So Naomi is now famous! :)

*We had Bible School at church this week and even though she was too little to go we brought her and she loved being with the big kids. During the music time she would walk around and clap like everyone else. She's so funny. Here she is sitting at the little table like the kids and she thinks she is so big!

*Naomi's hair is getting so thick and curly especially with the humidity these days! I think is is so cute!

*Naomi is quite the sleeper these days (I guess she needs a lot of rest because she is so active now). She sleeps about 11-12 hours at night (7:30 or 8pm- 7-8am) usually. And she takes 2 naps that are usually 1 1/2- 2 1/2 hours long. I'm sure this won't last long though.

*I'm starting to try to cut out the bottle a little and so Naomi is only taking 3 bottles a day. At supper I try to give her milk in her cup. She does well with cups that don't have the "no-spill" spout because she doesn't understand how to suck hard enough out of the sipper spout. So I usually just take it out and she does well.

*Naomi is eating a lot more table foods these days. She picks up food so well and loves to eat what we are eating. She doesn't like baby food very much anymore especially if it has chunks in it (like stage 3) which is so strange because she will eat table food fine.

*She wears size 12-18 month clothes and size 4 shoes. She has recently started wearing size 4 diapers, when not in cloth.


*Here she is on Poppy's motorcycle...she thought that was pretty cool.


*She loves to be carried on people's shoulders like she is with Uncle Kaleb in this picture. Doesn't seem like she should be big enough to do that!

In a couple weeks Naomi will take her first trip to the beach and then before we know it she'll be having her first birthday party!

3 comments:

  1. She is soooo grown up! I can't believe how active and clever she is! Praise the Lord for such a sweet girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pearl still wears a size 3 and she is turing 2 this weekend!! sounds like naomi has a wonderful personality!! i can tell you are enjoying her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute,cute,cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete