August 21, 2009

False Alarm


So this morning I woke up about 4:15am to go to the bathroom and started having contractions. I figured they would just go way, but for about an hour they were coming every 6-10mins and were painful in my back and lower abdomen...definitely different from the Braxton-Hicks (false) contractions I've had. I was excited, but I couldn't believe it because this is the one day we actually sort of didn't want Naomi to come because my parents are down in TN taking my brother to move in college. I had the biophysical profile scheduled already for 8am this morning because the doctor wanted to watch my amniotic fluid since it was a little low last Monday. We went ahead and went to get the ultrasound because my contractions were dwindling by then. Everything was great with the ultrasound. Naomi was practicing breathing and moving well. My amniotic fluid was back up to 11 which is normal thankfully so it looks like I've resisted an induction for at least a few more days. I will go back Monday to see the doctor, but hopefully she will be here before then. We are getting very anxious and are just ready to see our daughter! Pray with us that she will come on her own soon!

This picture was taken a couple days ago at 40 weeks and 4 days. Do I look ready to have a baby yet? I sure feel ready!!

1 comment:

  1. Kari!!! I just saw on Facebook that she's really coming now!! I am incredibly excited for you!! Having a baby is definitely one of the(if not the) most amazing moments in my life! I just melt every time I hold Eli. What an amazing blessing from God!! Can't wait to hear that Naomi is here! Our prayers are with you guys!

    ReplyDelete