May 23, 2009

Travels and Friends....

I'm just now getting around to posting pictures from last weekend. My friend from nursing school at Union, Nekayeh brought her little 10 week old girl, Norah Kate to visit her extended family that lives in my hometown. It was really fun to see them and especially hold Norah Kate....I can't wait to have one of my own :) Nekayeh and I have only seen each other a couple times in the 5 years since we have graduated college, but we always seem to pick right up where we left off. I love friends like that!

After seeing Nekayeh, Spencer and I headed up to Louisville for a quick trip. It was the first time we've been able to make it back in 6 months since we moved. We got to visit with several friends and ate some great Indian food at our favorite restaurant 'Kashmir'. We used to eat Indian food at least a couple times a month, but have been missing it greatly since moving. Although we just found out there is a new Indian restaurant that has just opened nearby so I'm sure we'll be trying that out soon. Here I am with Amy below. We served overseas at the same time (Amy in Mexico and me in Uganda). We spent 8 weeks together in orientation and became really good friends. We kept in touch while overseas and she was even a bridesmaid in our wedding. Now Amy is in Louisville (and we just moved :( ) studying at the seminary. It was great to see her even for a quick ice cream (at Graeter's...the best ice cream ever I might add!) and this picture was taken at 10pm. I am almost 27 weeks pregnant in these pictures.


On another note....today marks 28 weeks for me and the beginning of the 3rd trimester! Last night was the first time a complete stranger realized I was pregnant which was pretty exciting. There was a really long line for the bathroom and they let me go in front of them and asked me when I was due....see people I do look pregnant! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment