"He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Colossians 1:17
May 28, 2009
A funny one...
So the other day I was working and as I came to the last 30 minutes of my 12 hour shift one of my patients (that I had taken care of all day), a 'jolly' black American man, (I prefer black American as apposed to African American for reasons that I have lived in Africa longer than most 'African Americans' but no one calls me 'African American' or even 'European American' and really Black Americans are very different from Africans)said, 'you're pregnant aren't you?'. I said 'yes, I'm 7months pregnant, but most people can't tell through my scrubs'. He said 'I was wonderin. At first I thought you were just fat!' Nice compliment huh? I don't think most 'fat' people gain weight as disproportionately as I am with most of it in my stomach :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha! That's awesome :)
ReplyDelete