I love just about anything with pumpkin in it! I've tried a few pumpkin pancake recipes, but this one from one of my friends at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) is my favorite. It's a little more time consuming than what I like to cook these days, but well worth it. I usually double the recipe and freeze them for a quick breakfast.
1 cup pumpkin puree (1/2 of 15 oz can)
1 egg
1.5 cup milk
2 T white vinegar
2 T canola oil (I used olive oil)
2 cups flour (I do 1 cup whole wheat, 1 cup white)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 ts ground ginger
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1. Combine the pumpkin, egg, milk, vinegar and oil
2. Combine the remaining ingredients and add to the pumpkin mixture. Stir just until combined. DON'T over mix; a few small lumps are okay
3. Heat griddle over medium/low heat
4. Cook till light golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
Makes approx 24 small/medium pancakes
If you like thin pancakes this is NOT the recipe for you. These pancakes are thick and almost doughy (which we love!). I usually try to pat down the batter a little after pouring on the griddle in order for them not to be too doughy. I love these with apple butter and maple syrup....yum!
Note: 1/2 tsp allspice = 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg
Naomi usually eats more pancakes than me, but today she wanted oatmeal....go figure!
| My little cowgirl! |
No comments:
Post a Comment