March 6, 2012

Baked Chicken Fajitas

This is my new favorite recipe, thanks to Pinterest. It's so easy and tastes great!
Source

Ingredients
  • approx 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
  • peppers (I used about a half of 2 different colors, whatever you have on hand)
  • onion (I just eye ball it based on how strong the onion is and how much we like)
  • 2 T canola oil
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp garlic
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
Cut chicken breasts, peppers, onions into strips. Mix spices with oil and coat chicken. Then mix in peppers and onions in a sprayed baking dish. Bake at 400 for approx 20 minutes. There will be a little liquid in the dish after baking, you can either dump it out or it will absorb after standing. The chicken comes out really tender and the peppers and onions will have a little crunch, which is how we like them.

This is my version of a recipe I found here. It is pretty mild, so I've been trying to tweak it to our spicy taste buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment