December 22, 2011

28 Months

I wish I would keep a better record of Naomi because she is changing so much, but such is life. She is such a big girl now. I think the biggest change in the last four months has been her vocabulary. She says 8,9, 10 word sentences sometimes. She really communicates pretty clearly and can tell me almost anything she wants. Over the last few months she has also learned to spell her name. The other day I wrote the word CAT and she recognized that!

This Christmas she has LOVED baking cookies! It amazes me how much she already can help: stirring and using cookie cutters. She of course loves to eat them. I was so careful about not letting her have hardly any sweets. Well, that has changed unfortunately in the last couple of months. She still eats well compared to a lot of kids her age, but she has become a picky eater at times which I always thought I could control. HaHa, how naiive I was!


This is the first Christmas she has understood what is going on really and it's been fun watching her learn. The other day someone asked her what she wanted Santa Clause to bring her and she said, "it's Jesus' birthday" (we don't talk about Santa very much, as you can tell). I asked her what she wanted GramMom (Spencer's mom) to get her and she said, "a red balloon". So she doesn't really get the whole present thing which we like, but next year I'm sure will be so different unfortunately.

She loves to pretend and play right now. Her favorite thing to do is probably have a tea party and make food with her play dough "cutters" that Aunt Shannon gave her. She always wants to get my rolling pin out to roll the play dough. The other day she was having tea party by herself and she bowed her head and prayed, "Thank you God for Mommy, help her feel better". It was so precious.

She has always played well by herself, but she is starting to really want a playmate and she wants Spencer or me to play with her the time it seems. She still loves to read and likes to open up her Bible and pretend to read to her self. She asked me to find the story of Ruth and Naomi the other day and then she started reading, "Ruth said, I follow you Naomi". Then she pretended to read the Christmas story and she said, "The angels sing, 'Glory to God, Glory to God in the Highest'".



She loves to sing and this Christmas she has learned the Christmas songs so well. She likes "Away in a Manger" best I think. She says the funniest things. We had a Christmas reindeer shirt to put on her one day and she said, "that's so cute!". One day she was hugging Spencer and she patted him and said, "you're so sweet!". She is obviously listening to everything we say, so we have to be careful!


We are just so grateful God has blessed us with such a growing healthy little girl. It sure is hard being parents, much harder than I anticipated and we just pray that most of all Naomi grows to love the Lord with all her heart, soul, mind and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment