June 29, 2011

22+ months

Naomi turned 22 months old last week. I've been wanting to write an update on her for several months now, so I am just going to go ahead and do it.

This picture kind of sums up Naomi's personality I think. She is very vocal and can be pretty outgoing. She's the kid you hear jabbering up a storm in Wal-mart. She likes to wave at people and say "hi". But she gets pretty shy if she is taken into a big group of people that she doesn't know. And she doesn't like church. We've started going to a new church and she crys every Sunday :( She especially doesn't like men and there are a couple of men who work in her class. Hopefully she will get over this soon.

Here she is playing with Molly, still one of her favorite pastimes. On this particular day she was taking Molly's food out of the food bowl and putting each piece individually on the door mat for Molly to come eat. She squealed and played for an hour like that I think.

We have tried potty training and sometimes she goes in the potty, but most of the time she sits there forever and does nothing then goes in her diaper the second you get it on her. I just don't think it is registering with her. She says so many words now I can't even count. She says lots of 2 and some 3 word sentences like, "Mommy I eat", "Bad dog Molly," "I go swim", "I'll be back" (and she holds up a finger when saying that). She has recently started counting to 10 on her own! I don't even know how she learns this stuff...it's so it's so interesting to watch her learn. She loves to watch "The Letter Factory" and can recognize and say almost all the letters when they are in front of her. She can also say the sound each letter makes. She has even learned that N is for Naomi (she calls herself Na-Na and sometimes says Naomi), D is for Daddy, M is for Mommy, other things she knows well. I really feel like she communicates very well and we talk a lot with her. One of her favorite things to say is "The Bible is True", she loves to read her Bible.

She likes to play with babies and to play outside in the dirt as well. She loves to "draw" (color) and play with playdough. She likes to try to help and says, "I help". She likes to watch TV (PBS shows, especially Sesamme Street) alot and some days would watch it all day if I would let her! She liks to bring me the remote and say "watch". She can through a good tantrum when she doesn't get her way and learning discipline is a challenge for us all. She went through a phase where she said, "mine" about everything, but that seems to be getting better.

She still sleeps well (11ish hours at night and a 2-2.5 hour nap) and loves her pacy, blankie, and "Shay" (her cabbage patch doll). She eats really well and loves fruits and some veggies (peas and carrots, broccoli, sweet potato, green beans). She has started eating more meat now and even surprised me recently by really enjoying ham.

Here we are at the Farmer's market. She got to ride a hayride and "try out" lots of farm equipment.


It's hard to believe she will be two in less than 2 months! She already says she is 2though when you ask her how old she is and she holds up 2 fingers (her thumb and pointer)!

No comments:

Post a Comment