December 13, 2010

Christmas on the Court

We live on a little cul-de-sac with 6 identical houses built, we think, in the 1920's. Every year at Christmas time the houses are decorated with white lights. It is sort of a spectacle in our little town. People drive around each night and stop and look at the twinkling lights. The lights look even more beautiful with a layer of snow on the ground.

Here's our house

Look close kids, and you can see Santa in the top window

The left side of the street

The right side of the street

As you enter the court.

There are usually two inflatable soliders on either side of the street as you enter, but due to the wind tonight they were down (they stay up all day long, unlike a lot of inflatables). There are a few more lights in the side yards of two of the houses that aren't pictured here as well. I know it's not much compared to some neighborhoods, but I think it's pretty magical.

1 comment:

  1. Kari!! Your house is gorgeous-- I absolutely love it! The neighborhood is beautiful, as well! Norah would love looking at all those lights every night-- I bet Naomi does too. :) You all are blessed; enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete