April 1, 2010

Louisville Faves

Last weekend Spencer and I went to a conference in Louisville as we prepare to serve overseas again hopefully moving sometime in 2012. Our timeline has been delayed a little due to lack of finances, but we know God is in control and we will wait on His timing. Since moving from Louisville, we definitely miss some of our like-minded friends and the Louisville 'culture' in general. In particular the food! The conference was busy and unfortunately I didnt' get any pics of our friends, but I did want to document our culinary experiences :)


We all know that Spencer and I LOVE Indian food. This is one of our favorite Indian restaurants (other than the ones we frequently visited in Uganda). The food was particularly good this trip as it had been 10 months since we had eaten at Kashmir.

While taking a quick look for some shoes (I, Kari, don't like shopping) we ran across these great "derby hats". I can't imagine wearing one of these things! Which I guess is good since I will probably never go to the Kentucky Derby.

I've blogged about our favorite ice cream Graeters before. No visit to Louisville is complete without it! Spencer's favorite is the Black Raspberry Chip. Their "chips" are more like chunks.

My personal favorite is Buckeye Blitz, affectionately named after the Ohio State Buckeyes since Graeter's began in Cinncinati. Buckeye Blitz is chocolate ice cream with peanut butter cookie dough pieces and huge chocolate chunks (as you can see in this picture). It really is unlike any other ice cream we've ever had.

We finished out our trip to Louisville with lunch at BoomBozz and had one of their famous creation pizzas. This is not your normal pizza place, which is one of the reasons we love it so much. We had our favorite 1/2 chipotle chicken (Spencer) and 1/2 chicken artichoke (for me) on whole wheat crust. It was our first one since we moved from Louisville in November 2008. It was all we remembered it to be.

The weekend was quick, but a fun reminder of our beloved Louisville days.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO JEALOUS that you got to eat at Graeter's. I loved the pumpkin ice cream that came around every fall. What a great city.

    ReplyDelete