This week Spencer is working a lot of evenings so I am actually posting a recipe I tried a couple weeks ago. I got it from the blogging friend who I got the idea from to start Try it Tuesday.
Turkey-Black Bean Chili
(from Southern Living)
2 (15 oz.) cans of black beans (or any beans you have on hand)
1 onion, chopped
1 lb. ground turkey
1 T. olive oil
4 t. chili powder
1 t. ground cumin
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 (14 oz.) can low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
2 (14.5 oz.) cans petite diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
Drain and rinse beans. Saute onion and ground turkey in oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in chili powder and seasonings ; saute 1 minute. Stir in drained and undrained beans, chicken broth, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.
This is a good easy chili recipe. I used a can of black beans and a can of pinto beans. I did learn however that Indian chili powder CANNOT be used interchangeably for regular chili powder :) Even the sour cream I added couldn't tame down the heat and that's coming from a person who loves spicy food! I would imagine even with 4 tsp of regular chili powder this might be a little hot so if you don't like spice you might opt for just plain diced tomatoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment