September 17, 2009

Naomi Week 3


The first time we put Naomi in the baby carrier she screamed, but this time she really liked it. She really likes to be outside. Her eyes get so big! Getting her out of the baby carrier was another story though. It's hard to get a 3 week old's legs out when they still don't have full head control.


I think she's starting to look more like Spencer.


I love her faces :)


Naomi's first Sunday at church. Here she is with Titus (who is 6 months older than her). Hard to believe how big they get in 6 months! We are already arranging the marriage :)


Naomi's umbilical cord fell off 2 days before she turned 3 weeks old. Look at that cute belly button.


The first time we put Naomi in her 'tub' to bathe her she screamed. Yesterday she seemed to enjoy it. She likes getting sponge baths on her changing table and she will talk to us a lot!

Naomi took her first big trip. We went to Nashville for Naomi to meet her great grandparents. She did great to be so little. Here she is with her great Papaw.


Great Mammaw Bobbie, Mommy, and Naomi


Happy 3 weeks Naomi!


We have tried to use the ring sling several times and even though Naomi seems to like it Mommy can't figure it out. I think the one I have is too big for me, but I can't seem to get her positioned right. Not to mention it kills my back! I've watched videos on YouTube about how to wear them correctly, but it doesn't help. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Kari- on the sling, make sure you have it on the tip of your shoulder (close to your deltoid). This takes away most of the back pain.

    Also, wanted to tell you that 40% of all GERD in breastfed newborns is eliminated by the mother taking cow's milk out of her diet. Other dairy products don't seem to affect it as much, but cow's milk protien can be an irritant when passed through MBM. It may take up to 2 weeks to get it all out though. Email me or call me if i can help you with any of that! she's beautiful, by the way!

    ReplyDelete